SharePoint - Site Essentials
In this hands-on class, you'll learn how to add and customize the functionality on your site. You will learn more about the roles and permission levels within SharePoint, as well as terminology. After creating a sandbox subsite, you'll experiment with adding and configuring common apps, create custom columns and views. Finally, you'll get to experiment with page layouts, and understand responsibilities as a site owner.
This course will be presented in two parts. Participants who are not site owners are free to leave after Part 1.
By the end of Part 1 of this course, you will be able to:
- Log in, navigate, and access SharePoint.
- Understand terminology, roles, and permission levels and practice managing permissions and groups.
- Add and configure common apps, such as libraries, and lists.
- Create custom columns and views.
- Understand limitations of the Office Web Apps available.
- Create and edit pages while applying page layouts and web or app parts.
By the end of Part 2 of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the SharePoint service, framework and responsibilities of being a site owner.
- Understand the difference between SharePoint Groups and Office 365 Groups when managing permissions.
- Understand best practices and considerations for planning a site.
- Change site layout, navigation, and look.
For questions about this workshop, please contact KU IT Technology Instruction at email@example.com or 785-864-5155.
Attendees should have a basic understanding of how to:
- Operate a computer, mouse, and keyboard
- Open a web browser and navigate to a website
Attendees should bring their phones or devices for DUO authentication.