Microsoft Teams - Essentials
By the end of class, you will learn how to request access for a 365 group, how to access the Microsoft Teams client, and understand the differences between the 4 Teams templates. You will also learn how to add members and guests and where to manage their permissions. Through hands-on experience, you will create communications, modify notifications, add channels and tabs, and assign tasks through Planner. Finally, you will understand the connection between Teams and SharePoint and the best practices regarding breaking permissions.
For the remainder of the spring 2020 semester, all workshops will be presented via Zoom. All those registered for the workshop will receive an email with the Zoom link the morning of or day before the session. If the session is closed, contact us at email@example.com to request the Zoom link.
By the end of the session, attendees will be able to:
- Log in and create a Team using one of the templates.
- Understand the difference between a Team, channel, and tab.
- Create communications that notify team, channel, or individuals through email.
- Add, use, and manage apps such as OneNote, Planner and document libraries in a Team.
- Manage member permissions for the Team.
- Differentiate when to use Office 365 Groups vs. SharePoint Groups for permission management.
- Request access to create a Team.
For questions about this workshop, please contact KU IT Technology Instruction at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-5155.
Attendees should have a basic understanding of how to:
- Operate a computer, mouse, and keyboard
- Open a web browser and navigate to a website