Excel - Basics
What you should already know:
Attendees should have a basic computing skills:
· Basic computing skills (i.e. using a mouse and keyboard, formatting text, and saving and organizing files)
What you will learn:
By the end of class, attendees will understand how to work within the Excel environment to better leverage its functionality. This course will cover creating and organizing worksheets and workbooks as well as creating formulas and functions that are commonly used in day-to-day activities. Attendees will be given the opportunity to work within Excel with instructor assistance so that real-world applications can be understood and practiced.
What you will need:
For this course, attendees will need an active KU Online ID. No additional hardware, software, or account permissions are needed.
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- · Manage and create workbooks and worksheets.
- · Navigate through the Excel environment to find specific data
- · Format worksheets and workbooks using themes and page setup
- · Understand how to use Auto-fill and Flash-Fill.
- · Format cells and ranges.
- · Understand the differences between formulas and functions
- · Create formulas and functions.