Microsoft Teams - Essentials
By the end of class, you will learn how to create your own Microsoft Team, how to access the Microsoft Teams client, and understand the differences between the 4 Teams templates. You will also learn how to add members and guests and where to manage their permissions. Through hands-on experience, you will create communications, modify notifications, and add channels and tabs. Finally, you will understand the connection between Teams and SharePoint.
For the foreseeable future, all workshops will be presented via Zoom. All those registered for the workshop will receive an email with the Zoom link the morning of or day before the session. If there is still space in a closed session, contact us at email@example.com to request the Zoom link.
By the end of the session, attendees will be able to:
- Log in and create a Team using one of the four templates.
- Understand the difference between a team, channel, and tab.
- Create communications that notify team, channel, or individuals.
- Manage member permissions for the Team.
For questions about this workshop, please contact KU IT Technology Instruction at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-5155.
Attendees should have a basic understanding of how to:
- Operate a computer, mouse, and keyboard
- Open a web browser and navigate to a website